Tuesday 8 October 2013

Review: Vassen Lenses in Jewel Pink



Ah yes, the review I said I'd do forever ago, it's finally here. I bought a pair of Vassen's jewel pink lenses for my Nanami cosplay and I have to say I'm really happy with them. Apologies in advance for my make-up free skin and tired eyes in these photos, blech.


The cute case that came free courtesy of pinkyparadise.


And the lenses themselves! I really like the shade of pink, I needed something that was light and pretty vibrant and these were one of the best matches I could find. The design isn't something that I would usually go for but once they're on they look really cute in my opinion.

Before:


After:

And a side by side comparison to show enlargement:

Haha, looks ridiculous >u> The colour is strong enough to show up nicely over my natural colour (I was a little worried that pink might blend to look a little more purple over my blue eyes). These lenses are 14.5mm so the enlargement is noticable but not too over the top. As far as comfort goes, these are probably the comfiest pair of circle lenses I've owned to date. (I realise that my eyes might look a little red in these photos but rest assured that's lack of sleep and not irritated eyes!). They feel very soft and thin, so I barely notice them at all. I like my lenses to have a solid and thick limbal ring and this one is quite odd but other than that I don't have many complaints.

The picture at the top is natural lighting, here's one under the light at the mirror by my sink which is pretty harsh:


The colour isn't really super in your face bright so if that's what you're going for then they might not be the lenses for you. But if you want something that looks a little more natural (or at least as natural as can be with pink eyes) then I think they're perfect.

Final rating:
Comfort: 5/5
Colour: 4/5
Design: 3/5
Enlargement: 4/5

As these lenses were primarily bought for cosplay, the comfort factor is a biiig bonus since I'll have them in at a con all day so it's nice to have as little issues as possible. I have used my favourite lenses (Princess Mimi Sesame Grey) for cosplay too and whilst they feel just fine when they're being good, when they're misbehaving it's the worst which definitely sucks when it happens in the middle of a convention.

So that brings me to the end of this little post. I have a lot to talk about since my life sort of all went up in the air today, but I'll make a post about that tomorrow maybe. For now I'm going to leave you with my ootd.

ps did you notice that I cut my hair?? when it's like this it reminds me of miwako from parakiss - i feel suuuuper cute!!

2 comments:

  1. Great review, thanks~~ they look really pretty~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, i'm glad you found it helpful c:

      Delete